Since subwoofers were first made in the 1960s, their use has grown quickly. This is because people care more and more about how clear and good the music they listen to is.
As time went on, subwoofers became more and more popular with car owners because of how loud the bass was and how much better the sound quality was overall.
If you want to buy a new subwoofer, the Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 is the best choice because of its power and output.
Also, as they became more common, people often wondered where the best place to put them was.
Subwoofers can be put in the cab or the trunk of a car.
The best thing to do with your subwoofer is to put it in the trunk. This gives you and your passengers more room in the cab. Most of the time, no one who owns a car is a loner. Most of the time, they have someone in their cars, whether it’s family or a friend.
Also, putting your subwoofer in the trunk is safe because it would be easier for burglars or thieves to find the subwoofer from the cab than from the trunk.
In this article, we will talk about how to mount a subwoofer in the trunk.
It’s not easy to mount a subwoofer in the trunk. You’ll need some tools and to be careful to make sure the subwoofer is set up right. If the subwoofer isn’t mounted properly, it will move around as you drive, which will be distracting.
But there are a few easy and quick ways to mount a subwoofer in the trunk.
How to attach a subwoofer to the back of a car
Before you can put the subwoofer in the trunk, you must first buy a subwoofer box. If you don’t have one, you can get one quickly at the market.
Before you buy a subwoofer box, you should know a few things about your subwoofer.
- Size– This is so that your subwoofer will fit perfectly in its box. In the same way, you should also check the size ratings of your subwoofer box. There are options like 8 inches, 10 inches, 12 inches, and many more. For it to work with your subwoofer, the one you choose should be the same size as your subwoofer.
- Dimensions – Since the subwoofer box is going to be put in the trunk, measuring it is very important. All bass subwoofer boxes are about 20 inches by 15 inches by 15 inches, so they should fit in the trunk of your car.
- Number of subwoofers– If you want to hear a lot of bass, you might want to mount two subwoofers. So, just like there are subwoofer boxes for a single subwoofer, there are also subwoofer boxes for two subwoofers. I would recommend the Bbox E12S Pro-Series 12″ Subwoofer Enclosure for a single subwoofer enclosure. On the other hand, if you want a dual subwoofer enclosure, I would recommend that you buy the Atrend Bbox E12DSV Pro-Series 12″ Dual Vented Subwoofer Enclosure. Also, keep in mind that some boxes are made to make strong bass. So you should at least try to find them.
After putting your subwoofer in a box, it’s easy to put it in the trunk.
Tools you can use to mount a subwoofer in the trunk
- Strips, preferably made of plastic, to hold the subwoofer box in place.
- Bolts hold the box together.
- A wooden base to hold the box down.
- Ropes should have enough strength.
- Several hinges.
- Metallic plates.
- Screws can be either 1 inch or 1.5 inches long.
Once you have all the tools you need, you can start putting your subwoofer in the trunk of your car.
By using string and screws
Hooks and screws can be used to mount a subwoofer in a trunk.
What to do:
- First, you need to attach the hooks on both sides of the subwoofer box and make a bracket that will go on top.
- Find two small screws and attach them to the side of the box. These screws will go into the subwoofer box through the hinge. Make sure it’s not too far down.
- Install that hinge right at the bottom so it doesn’t get in the way of the wires as much. Also, that’s a way to keep your carpet or mat in place.
- Now, the rope will move along the hooks and hinges, and it will mount the subwoofer box in a very good way.
With this method, you can go anywhere without worrying.
This is a method that a lot of people use.
- Put the subwoofer box on the floor of the trunk of your car.
- The stripes on both sides of the subwoofer box need to be fixed. This puts the subwoofer box back where it should be. Also, keep in mind that the strips will move from the top of the box, so you can tie the end to the beginning.
Using wooden plates
This is a pretty exciting way to do things. Here, you’ll need a proper-sized wooden plate.
- Put the wood plates on the floor of the trunk of your car.
- Make sure the plates stay in place by screwing them in. Choose 1.5-inch screws because they hold the wooden plates together better.
You need to be careful when you use this method. First, check to see if the car’s gas tank is there, so you don’t drill into it. Then, put the wood plates on the good side of the trunk of your car.
After making sure the base is ready and ready to go, you can now mount the subwoofer box correctly.
With this method, the wooden plates will keep the subwoofer box from moving even an inch.
What to pay attention to when installing a subwoofer in the trunk
As I said before, you need to be careful when installing a subwoofer in the trunk. There are a few things you should keep in mind to make this better.
How big the speaker is. Before you buy a new subwoofer, do some research to find out which one will fit perfectly in your trunk. You have to buy one that is the same color as your car. This will help keep money, time, and energy from being wasted. Also, buying a subwoofer and not using it would be sad.
Also, before you go out to buy a new subwoofer, you should check your trunk. Unlike a smaller subwoofer, a big one will take up most of the space in your trunk. Which one you choose will depend on how much space you have in your trunk, your personal taste, and how you plan to use your trunk. Some people have big families or lots of friends, so they need cars that can fit as many people as possible.
Still, this doesn’t mean that mounting your subwoofer in the cab is wrong. Some people will like one better than the other, depending on how they like things. The main benefit of putting a subwoofer in the cab is that it makes better bass and works better with the speakers to make the best sound. They are also easy to put in a cab. But if you mount a subwoofer in the cab, it will take up most of the space in your car that could be used to carry more people.
If you haven’t mounted your subwoofer correctly in the trunk yet, you should try one of the above methods. This will help keep people from getting in the way or causing more damage with a subwoofer box that isn’t stable. Accidents could also happen if the subwoofer moved around.
Also, no matter how you mount a subwoofer, make sure it’s in the right place.